Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Forgiveness

This was on a greeting card I came across while sending birthday cards to
friends. It is SO perfectly written that I wanted to save it in my
journal. I feel this way and I wish that everyone else would.

Forgiveness is letting go of the pain
and accepting what has happened,
because it will not change.

Forgiveness is dismissing the blame.
Choices were made that caused the hurt;
we each could have chosen differently,
but we didn't.

Forgiveness is looking at the pain,
learning the lessons it has produced,
and understanding what we have learned.

Forgiveness allows us to move on
towards a better understanding
of universal love and our true purpose.

Forgiveness is knowing that love
is the answer to all questions,
and that we all are in some way connected.

Forgiveness is starting over
with the knowledge that we have gained.
I forgive you, and I forgive myself.
I hope you can do the same.
-Poem by Judith Mammay

I know some things take time, some more for others.
I did not always know how to forgive. I am still not at perfection
but I am a lot closer than I ever was at it. I just hope that all
I know & love will find forgiveness for me and all around them one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read Corinthians 1:13::4-13. Then maybe you will understand what Love and forgiveness is all about. Or are you capable of actually understanding what I am trying to say.Leave the persons alone. If they want to contact you they will, do not try to bother them by putting it in their face. It is rude, crude and annoying ,HP.Don't ask for forgiveness when there is none to be given.If the persons want to forgive, perhaps in time they will, but leave them alone.

Anonymous said...

Your comment is appreciated. Its taken time but I've come to the conclusion that I've must leave it up to them as well & leave them alone. I'd want the same. In my Oct. 5th entry, I did quote of the Bible verses that you mentioned. Carolyn Arends, a Christian artist, included them in a song, "They Will Know We are Christians By Our Love." I agree with you: they tell what love is. Overall, your words were a bit harsh but I believe your heart's in the right place. Take care. Peace.