Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Love in the form of a soldier

As I grow and get older, I continue to learn.
That is the point, too, I guess. :-)
I know some people don't seem to do both.
I have learned so much about soldiers by knowing
and speaking with them in life.
I was chatting with a friend tonight
that served in the Army before the war.
He was talking about his regiment that is now over in Afghanistan.
I could sense his worry and pain in his caring of them.
He said he cares more that they do a good job.
I said I could relate to his feelings about them though.
He asked how that was and this is what I said....
"I have empathy and a desire to understand.
Because I love and have suffered......
It is very simple.
I cannot feel exactly but I can relate by trying to understand.
I am one of the few that is always thinking
of those soldiers there everyday
and I keep my ribbon long after others have disappeared.
I see if everyday and think of them.
My heart knows.
And I am so very thankful.
More sacrifices than most of the people can ever
or will ever realize happen every second in every way in war.
It is very sad.
But it is what they must do.

As warriors ....".

God bless the soldier man.

No comments: